Sunday, September 19, 2010

Showers of Blessing



Our God is a God who is only concerned about the well being of His people in the entire world. We read in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I have often heard believers blaming God when they pass through difficult times in their lives. Our God does not bring calamity on us. He is not in a joint venture with the evil one. He is a God who surely wants to bless us.

See what Jonah says about the Lord in Jonah 4:2 "For I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness, One who relents from doing harm." Jonah knew God better than anyone as a compassionate and a loving God who would not destroy the people of Nineveh even though they were wicked.
King David in Psalm 86:5 says of the Lord as, "For You, O Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." God always disciplines us through His word.

We read that "The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy, The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works." in Psalm 145:8&9.

The Scriptures reveal it to us to "taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him." Psalm 34:8. As always I do, let me "magnify the Lord Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His Servant." Psalm 35:27.

I firmly believe He is the only One who can bring blessings into our lives. I cannot be negligent now for He has chosen me to stand before Him, to serve Him and to minister to Him and burn incense.

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment