Monday, January 17, 2011

Showers of Blessing!

“So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but found no one” Ezekiel 22:30.

Dear reader, are you the person God is seeking for to stand in the gap before Him on behalf of the land you are living in so that He should not destroy it? I know for sure that I am chosen by God to stand in the gap. He even told me once to stop praying for myself and to start praying for people and nations so that they would repent and come to the Lord.


We read in Psalm 106:23 “Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, to turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them.” Moses had to deal with a stubborn and a stiff necked generation of the Israelites. We often see him pleading with God not to destroy His own people. God loved Moses and in turn did not destroy His people.

Unfortunately, during these days, I have seen men and women of God speaking so happily that God is going to judge nations and destroy it. Prophets prophecy that judgement is coming on several nations, especially America where people seem to embrace everything that is against God. And it is so sad that they wait to see their prophecies come true. This is where we have to stand in the gap and pray for the nations, its leaders and for its people. I am sure that when you and I start praying, as Jonah did in Nineveh, people are going to repent and God is going to heal and bless the land.

As we read in 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” Hallelujah! Praise Jesus! “Christ Jesus came into this world to save sinners” 1Timothy 1:15. God loves the righteous and the sinner alike. But He hates the sin. Jesus said in Luke 15:10, “Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

We read in James 5:20, “let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.”

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment