Sunday, November 6, 2011

Showers of Blessing!

“I lie awake, and am like a sparrow alone on the housetop” Psalm 102:7.

I have been through situations like the sparrow from my childhood days and I love times when I am all by myself. I take advantage of such situations and see them as an opportunity to speak to God. It was hard for me to be left alone all by myself but over the years I knew God had to speak something to me when I was all by myself. If you are going through such an experience do not be discouraged, God is right by your side waiting to talk to you. Switch off your computer or your television and spent some time with God our Father. Do you know that our Father is happy when you start talking to him on a daily basis?

There are several people in the Holy Bible to whom God spoke when they were alone. In Genesis 13:14 we read, “And the LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him.” God spoke to Abram a promise in verse 15 which was specifically for Abram because the call was only for Abram. Lot was Abram’s addition to the Lord’s call.

We see how the Lord appeared to Jacob when he was left alone in Genesis 32:24. God’s blessing to Jacob appears in verse 28, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

Moses was all by himself tending the sheep of Jethro, his father-in-law when the Lord appeared to him in the burning bush and gave him the task of bringing His people, the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan, the land flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3).

Gideon was threshing wheat in the winepress, hiding himself from the Midianites. In the eyes of the Lord, Gideon “was a mighty man of valor” Judges 6:12. He was not ready to give up his harvest to the enemy. God saw him as a mighty man of valor who set apart himself from the rest of the Israelites.

God started speaking to Samuel when he was alone in 1 Samuel 3:4-11 starting with a prophecy against Prophet Eli who could not restrain his two sons who were wicked and corrupt. We read in 1 Samuel 2:26,”And the child Samuel grew in stature, and in favour both with the LORD and men.”

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment