Sunday, January 29, 2012

Showers of Blessing!

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8 – 9.

It is so true that the Lord’s thoughts and ways are completely different from our thoughts and ways. I surrendered completely to my Lord Jesus Christ from the day I came to realize that His thoughts and ways for me are flawless. Moreover, I came to understand that nothing works for me and my family except through His plans. God’s plans for us are way higher than we think.

In Genesis 15:3-4 we read, Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!” And behold the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.”

In Genesis 16:2 we see that Abram heeded to the voice of Sarai which was not what God had planned for Abram. So now we see how the plan of God was altered.

The Lord told Jonah to go to Nineveh and preach repentance to the people. Although Jonah made other plans were he ended up in big trouble, he had to return to Nineveh and preach the Lord’s message which in turn saved one hundred twenty thousand people and much livestock as mentioned in Jonah 4:11.

“The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations.” Psalm 33:10-11.

Our Lord Jesus Christ has wonderful thoughts and ways for us. Wait for his ways to come to pass.

There is a beautiful verse in Jeremiah 29:11 which I know will be a blessing for all of us. It says, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment