Sunday, October 27, 2013

Showers of Blessing!

Many a times I have asked this question to the Lord Jesus Christ and to myself, “What am I doing here?”  I know that the Lord has great plans for me so as to fulfill His greater plans. The other day when I asked this question to myself I added this too.  “What did I do to deserve this?” I know that I have no reason to complain at all against the Lord because I walk and live supernaturally in this part of the world.  What really made me ask this question is the tensions and the negative attitudes of those at my workplace.

As soon as I asked this question, my wife answered me, “This is your training period.”  I know most of us have asked this question to ourselves even after receiving a promise from God.

Moses was raised in Pharaoh’s palace and had all the best in life. God had chosen him to be the person to lead the Israelites out of bondage from Egypt.  God had planned beforehand the route from Egypt to Canaan which was through the wilderness. It was exclusively for this purpose that God took Moses out of the palace into the wilderness so as to teach him about the wilderness.  In Exodus 3:18 we read, “The LORD God of the Hebrews has met with us; and now , please, let us go three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.”  The Lord, “I AM WHO I AM” did not want to surprise Moses about the wilderness. Therefore, the wilderness experience was given to him ahead of time so that he was ready to take the Israelites out of Egypt at God’s time.

Now, when I say the wilderness experience, I do not mean suffering, sickness, poverty and persecution as some men of God regularly preach. The word says, “Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” Psalm 35:27. So please do not get me wrong.

Moses had a great responsibility of leading about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides children (Exodus 12:37).  In order to equip Moses to lead the six hundred thousand men and children God took him to Midian.  We read in Exodus 3:1, “Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian.”

Quite often we might think we are at the wrong place doing the wrong job.  Do not worry.  He is training you for the great one. So, get ready for the BIG one. It is coming.

Be blessed!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment