Friday, October 8, 2010

Showers of Blessing

‘…and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.’ Deuteronomy 1:31

Although these are the words of Moses to the Israelites it is appropriate for us in all aspects. The Lord literally “brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps Psalm 40:2. And I would proudly say this rock is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He has fed us with the finest wheat all these years Psalm 147:14 and we lacked nothing as we see in His word “but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing” Psalm 34:10. He has carried us as a man carries his son all these years and He is still doing it. Isaiah 46:4 says, “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry and will deliver you.”

“He also taught us, and said to us: “Let your heart retain My words; Keep My commands and live. Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth” Proverbs 4:4-5. As the Lord told us it has been our joy to meditate in His word at all times. “And He has put His words in our mouth; and He has covered us with the shadow of His hand” Isaiah 51:16. Whenever we prayed to Him during a crucial time He answered us instantly as it says in His word, “It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear” Isaiah 65:24. He has been such a loving God to us all these years. He has been a sun and shield to us and has not withheld any good thing from us. As His word says, “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly” Psalm 84:11

He has kept on telling us that “we are precious in His sight” Isaiah 43:4 and “not to fear, for He is with us” all the time Isaiah 43:5. How can we ever stop praising our God for all the good things He has done for us!

“My God will never forget me because He has inscribed me on the palms of His hands” Isaiah 49:16.

This is our testimony and I pray earnestly that the Lord Bless all those who come across these words on this blog. Beloved, let your life be a blessing for others.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment